Premier Queensland History Toowoomba Dalby Ipswich
Back in 1929, Pioneer Motor Service (now known as Premier Motor Service) commenced operations through the use of seven seater cars operating from Bomaderry Railway Station in Nowra.
From servicing towns, including Bega, Cobargo and Bermagui, the service continued to grow and incorporated the whole of the South Coast between Nowra and Eden during 1962.
In May 1995, Nowra Coaches Pty Ltd (owned by John King since 1988), acquired Pioneer Motor Service. Over the next couple of years, John King expanded through NSW with the acquisition of Kirkland’s and Lindsay’s Northern NSW services, as well as Hills and Rutty's service in Illawarra. The purchase of Linday’s Coaches resulted in Nowra Coaches operating a long-distance coach service between Brisbane to Sydney.
Due to legal action in 1997, Premier Motor Service emerged as a result of Pioneer Motor Service requiring the name to change.
Operations in Queensland have expanded as a result of Surf City Coaches, Busit and Stonestreets becoming part of the Premier Transport Group. This service has been given the name of Premier Queensland.
As part of the acquisitions, all services now operate under the Premier Transport banner, which today includes in excess of 500 buses and coaches and employs over 500 staff.
The Premier Transport Group prides itself on the provision of Public Passenger services that incorporates the latest in technology with a strong emphasis on safety, reliability and comfort.
Through its focus on safety, reliability and professionalism the Premier Transport Group has gained a reputation as one of NSW and Queensland’s most dynamic and trusted Public Transport operations.